I think this years’ Color Report surprised almost everyone: Pantone introduced much new colors and shades that we haven’t seen yet. Surprisingly the favourite color of this year’s fall is blue! Pantone chose in fact to introduce two different shades into the trending colors that I’m going to present to you:
RIVERSIDE:Earmarking the importance of Blue in the palette, the new blue shade of PANTONE 17-4028 Riverside undeniably takes precedence in the fall collections.
- Cool and calming, strong and stable;
- Displays a subtle vibrancy and sophistication;
- Borders on exciting, yet;
- Maintains a sense of constancy.
AIRY BLUE: Pantone 14-4122 Airy Blue’s lofty nature evokes feelings of lightness and freedom.
- Designers seeking weightlessness in a world heavy with conflict
- Blue tones appear in nearly half of the designs
- Airy Blue nods to Serenity
- Pair Airy Blue with Lush Meadow, Taupe or Dusty Cedar for fresh approach
SHARKSKIN: There’s an edge to PANTONE 17-3914 Sharkskin, and yet it manages to remain neutral.
- Pair-able with almost any fall color, bright or muted
- A color that the rest of the palette can literally and theoretically rest on
- Showcases practicality through a dependable but contemporary lens
AURORA RED: In contrast to the stable backbone of the Fall 2016 palette, PANTONE 18-1550 Aurora Red adds a welcome punch.
- A bold Red that is warm, sensual and immediately pleasing to the eye
- Gets the metaphorical blood of the palette pumping
- Exciting and dynamic, breeds unmistakable confidence
WARM TAUPE: PANTONE 16-1318 Warm Taupe is a hearty, pleasing and approachable neutral that pairs well with each of the top 10 shades of the Fall 2016 season.
- Suggests reassurance and stability
- Trusted, organic and grounded
- Departs slightly from the foundations of the Fall 2016 palette
DUSTY CEDAR:Like Airy Blue, PANTONE 18-1630 Dusty Cedar gives a nod to the PANTONE Color of the Year 2016, Rose Quartz.
- A fall and winter version of the Pinks we’re used to seeing in spring
- Dustier rose-toned Pink shade with some complexity
- Exudes warmth and welcome
LUSH MEADOW: PANTONE 18-5845 Lush Meadow brings to mind fresh botanicals and foliage.
- Rich and elegant, vibrant and sophisticated
- This shade displays a brightness, panache and depth of color that elevates it from more natural greens
- Elevates the overall elegance woven through this season’s collections
SPICY MUSTARD: Bounces elegantly off other colors in the palette,
PANTONE 14-0952 Spicy Mustard is an exotic addition.
- Adds another splash of uplifting vibrancy
- A spicier, zestier Yellow than previous seasons
- Unexpected and unusual
- Comes through in both the abstract and geometric accents that designers employed
POTTER’S CLAY: PANTONE 18-1340 Potter’s Clay has an added degree of sophistication and layering.
- Elements of russet Orange in its undertones, gives a grounded feeling that’s anything but flat
- Neutral earth tone; expected for fall and winter palette
- A shade with real substance; a strong foundation
BODACIOUS: PANTONE 17-3240 Bodacious speaks to the gender fluidity we continue to see.
- Lends itself to vibrant color combinations
- Unexpected in fall
- Versatile; can be used with Pinks and Reds
- Bright, rich Purple, with hints of a more sophisticated Pink
- Turns fashion accents into fashion statements
thank you for reading!
Soon new posts 🙂